The RIHS, College of Dentistry and Hospital building is purpose built as per guidelines provided by Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PM&DC). The objective of BDS program will be to produce outstanding dentist who is committed to alleviating dental ailments and are likely to become leaders in the dental field. The competency of RIHS students will be reflected through their utility in improving health care by implementing evidence-based practice.
Qualifications for acceptance into Dental college
A strong academic record in matric and premedical F.Sc Courses (or equivalent) is necessary but not sufficient criteria for admission. The admission committee looks for evidence of scholarship in the form of research or advance study beyond the classroom, services to the community, leadership abilities, integrity and excellent interpersonal skills. RIHS seeks students who value human diversity, exhibit a love of learning, have an appreciation of science and art of dentistry and are called to serve others.
Required Academic Qualification for Admission
|Matric (SSC) or equivalent||10%|
|F. Sc (HSSC) (Pre-Medical) or equivalent (adjusted)||40%|
|College Entry Test marks/Interview||50%|
Admission on Overseas / Foreign Self-Finance Seats
• For admission to Overseas / Foreign Self-Finance seats (Not on open merits seats), a pass in SAT-II examination is required with the minimum score of 550 in each of the science subjects of which two have to be Biology and Chemistry.
• The candidate is required to present a valid TOEFL or IELTS with a score of 500 or 5.5 only if the medium of instruction two years prior to application for admission/entrance test has not been in English, an alternate to TOEFL and IELT is a certification by NUML, Islamabad, after one year English Language Course.
Documents required for admission
Photocopies of the following documents must be attached with the Application Form:
• Valid Matric or Equivalence Certificate
• or ‘O’ Level Transcript. Valid F.Sc or Equivalence Certificate or ‘A’ Level Transcript.
• College Character Certificate.
• CNIC of students & Father. Entry Test result.
• Four Passport Size Photographs (Sky Blue background).
• Admission schedule for BDS course is advertised in the national newspapers. The Admission schedule contains the qualification and documents required for admission and the last day to receive the applications.
• A list of candidates short-listed for interview will be displayed on the college notice board.
• The interview will be conducted on the dates mentioned in the list of short-listed candidates.
• Selection will be made pursuing the Bahria University criteria.
• First, 50 candidates will be selected for the admission in BDS.
Selected candidates will be informed about their admission through T.C.S and they have to deposit college dues within seven days and obtain Roll Nos. Failure to deposit college dues in time will result in cancellation of admission.
All candidates seeking admission in Rawal Institute of Health Sciences must appear in Entrance Test. The candidates who have not appeared in Entrance Test will not be considered for admission in Rawal Institute of Health Sciences. The selection of admission will be made on the basis of criteria fixed by the Pakistan Medical & Dental Council / Bahria University.
On the basis of merit, a top group on the merit list will be short-listed for an interview. The result of interview carries a substantial weightage and makes a significant contribution towards the computation of final merit list of candidates for admission.
Applicants are advised to study carefully the rates of various fees to be paid to the college at the time of admission. Before making such decision sufficient financial arrangements should exist for a course of study that lasts for at least 4 years for BDS.
Foreign Tuition Fee
All students coming from foreign countries will have to pay their fees in US dollars as declared by the Pakistan Government. Furthermore, whether or not foreign national, all students whose educational certificates are of foreign origin, the source of income is outside Pakistan, will be required to pay foreign rate of tuition fee in US dollars, there are no exceptions to this Rule.