The study practices of medicine requires integrity, compassion, scholarship, responsibility, devotion and intellectual curiosity. The individual’s education and other life experience prior to medical school should demonstrate and strengthen these qualities.
Qualifications for acceptance into medical college
A strong academic record in matric and premedical F.Sc Courses (or equivalent) is necessary but not sufficient criteria for admission. The admission committee looks for evidence of scholarship in the form of research or advance study beyond the classroom, services to the community, leadership abilities, integrity and excellent interpersonal skills. RIHS seeks students who value human diversity, exhibit a love of learning, have an appreciation of science and art of medicine and are called to serve others.
Required Academic Qualification for Admission
|Matric (SSC) or equivalent||10%|
|F.Sc (HSSC) (Pre Med.) or equivalent (adjusted)||50%|
|College Entry Test marks/interview||50%|
Admission on Overseas / Foreign Self-Finance Seats
- For admission on Overseas / Foreign Self-Finance seats (Not on open merits seats), passed SAT-II examination with minimum score of 550 in each of the science subjects of which two have to be Biology and Chemistry.
- The candidate is required to present a valid TOEFL or IELTS with a score of 500 or 5.5 only if the medium of instruction, two years prior to application for admission/entrance test, has not been in English, An alternate to TOEFL and IELTS is a certification by NUML, Islamabad, after one year English Language Course.
Documents required for admission
Photo copies of following documents be attached with Application Form:
- Valid Matric or Equivalence Certificate along ‘O’ Level Transcript.
- Valid F.Sc or Equilient Certificate along ‘A’ Level Transcript.
- Character Certificate from the college.
- CNIC of students & Father. Entry Test result.
- Four Passport Size Photographs (Sky Blue background)
Rules & Procedures
- Admission schedule of MBBS courses is advertised in the national news papers. The Admission schedule contains the qualification and documents required for admission and the last day to receive the applications.
- A list of candidates short-listed for interview will be displayed on the college notice board.
- Interview will be conducted on the dates of mentioned in the list of short-listed candidates.
- Selection will be made pursuing the PM&DC – Bahria University criteria.
- First 100 candidates will be selected for the admission in MBBS.
Selected candidates will be informed for their admission through Courier and to deposit college dues within seven days and obtain Roll No. Failure to deposit college dues in time will result in cancellation of admission.
All candidates seeking admission in Rawal Institute of Health Sciences must appear in college Entrance Test. The candidates who have not appeared in Entrance Test shall NOT be considered for admission in Rawal Institute of Health Sciences. The selection of admission will be made on the basis of criteria fixed by the Pakistan Medical & Dental Council / Bahria University.
On the basis of merit, a top group on the merit list will be short-listed for an interview. The result of interview carries a substantial weight age and makes significant contribution toward the computation of final merit of candidate for admission.
Applicants are advised to study carefully the rates of various fees to be paid to the college at the time of admission. Before making such decision sufficient financial arrangements should exist for a course of study that lasts for at least 5 years for MBBS.
Foreign Tuition Fee
All students coming from foreign countries will have to pay their fees in US dollars as declared by the Pakistan Government. Furthermore, whether or not foreign national, all students whose educational certificates are of foreign origin, will be required to pay foreign rate of tuition fee in US dollars, there are no exceptions to this rule.