BDS at RIHS
Rawal Institute of Health Sciences is one of the first private sector institutions in Islamabad, extending BDS degree. It is an affiliate facility of Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto Medical University, Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences, Islamabad which is the first public sector medical university in the Federal Capital.
Rawal Dental College (RDC) offers a four-year undergraduate programme leading to Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) degree. The programme is designed to equip students with adequate knowledge and skills required for dental practices and patient care. RDC puts special emphasis on professional integrity and behavior, in order to produce generous and positive minded health professionals. Main features of BDS programme at RMC are:
- Name of the Programme: B.D.S. (Bachelor of Dental Surgery).
- Duration of Course: 4 years + one-year internship (Students are allowed to do Internship in Rawal General and Dental Hospital) in the top of the line dental care facilities of Rawal General and Dental Hospital.
- Medium of Instruction: English.
- Beginning of Session: September Every Year.
- Curriculum: MBBS syllabus in accordance Pakistan Medical and Dental Council.
- Classroom: The classrooms are equipped with latest multimedia facilities.
- Library: The library houses a good stock of textbooks and reference materials for medical sciences.
- Hostel accommodation & food: Students are provided with a high standard accommodation facility with each room attached with a balcony and a bathroom with cable TV, electricity, fast Internet access, telephone, washing machine, air-conditioner, water dispenser, bathroom with hot/cold water shower, bed, beddings, desks, closets, and chairs. There is a separate hostel for boys and girls with a high-security arrangement and strict prohibition for boys to enter girls hostel and girls enter boys’ hostel. Hostel cafeteria offers a variety of delicious as well as health food.