Nursing at RIHS
Rawal Institute of Health Sciences is one of the first private sector institutions in Islamabad, extending MBBS degree. It is an affiliate facility of Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto Medical University, Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences, Islamabad which is the first public sector medical university in the Federal Capital. RIHS has separate premises for Rawal Nursing College.
Rawal Nursing College (RNC) offers a three-year undergraduate programme leading to Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree. The programme is designed to equip students with adequate knowledge and skills required for extending nursing care to patients. RNC puts special emphasis on professional integrity and behavior, in order to produce generous and positive minded nursing professionals. Main features of B Sc. Nursing programme at RNC are:
- Name of the Programme: BSc. Nursing (Bachelor of Science in Nursing).
- Duration of Course: 3 years + one-year internship (Students are allowed to do Internship in Rawal General and Dental Hospital).
- Medium of Instruction: English.
- Beginning of Session: September Every Year.
- Curriculum: Syllabus in accordance Pakistan Nursing Council.
- Classroom: The classrooms are equipped with latest multimedia facilities.
- Library: The library houses a good stock of textbooks and reference materials for medical sciences.
- Hostel accommodation & food: Students are provided with a high standard accommodation facility with each room attached with a balcony and a bathroom with cable TV, electricity, fast Internet access, telephone, washing machine, air-conditioner, water dispenser, bathroom with hot/cold water shower, bed, beddings, desks, closets, and chairs. There is a separate hostel for boys and girls with a high-security arrangement and strict prohibition for boys to enter girls hostel and girls enter boys’ hostel. Hostel cafeteria offers a variety of delicious as well as health food.