Nursing at RIHS
Rawal College of Nursing (RCN) is a novice in the nursing arena. It was started in October 2016 under the umbrella of Rawal Institute of Health Sciences(RIHS) Islamabad.
Vision & Mission
- RCN envisions to develop leaders in nursing and healthcare whose actions, discoveries, and voices strengthen and advance the health of individuals and communities, at both national & international level.
- Our mission is to advance health through excellence in nursing and interdisciplinary teaching, research, practice, and service.
- The structure & sequence of curriculum is in line with the recommendations of HEC, PNC & SZABMU
- Nursing skills are being developed through a caring; client-centered and scientifically based learning models.
- The nursing profession is being explored through problem-based; small group and self-directed learning models.
Program in the offing Post RN (BScN2 years degree-2nd Batch
Approved by: Pakistan Nursing Council
Accreditation: Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto Medical University Islamabad
Duration: 2 Academic years (4semesters)
- 4-year Generic BSN program
- Accreditation is in process
- PNC did its inspection of RCN in October 2017
- 2-year diploma in License Practitioner Nurse (LPN)
- 1-year diploma in specialties, like ICU, CCU and Operating Theatre Nursing
Applicants working at the RIHS from last 3 years may apply for RIHS sponsorship for Post RN BSN Degree program through Human Resource Department.
Here the students don’t pay tuition fee and in return, they will have to serve RIHS for02-years after completion of their 02 years degree program.
- Classroom: The classrooms are equipped with latest multimedia facilities.
- Library: The library houses a good stock of textbooks and reference materials for medical sciences.
- Hostel accommodation is available.
- For Clinical Practice, RCN is attached with RG & DH, PIMS, NORI, BBH and HFH.
- Community-Based facility RCN is attached with National Institute of Health Sciences, Farash Town phase 1, Under Privileged Areas of Islamabad (Kachi Abbadi)
- Classes will commence from January.